Apparently, I have always had a type. (Cough cough, paranormal-y fantasy-y) And, I’m okay with that. I have loved each of these authors’ works at one point or another at some point in time, and honestly would probably re-read some of the books that I haven’t read in a minute if only for nostalgia’s sake. Most of these authors I haven’t read since early high school? Holy wow that was 10 years ago. Yikes. I think at this point in time, I wanted to read everything from authors that I had been enjoying… and it looks like I came close to just that.
- Cate Tiernan: Tiernan is one of my most read authors probably mostly because of the Sweep series. Honestly, whoa did not realize that I have read this many books – but I’m sure I read them all at or around the same time. I don’t remember much from the series besides that they were super quick to get through and I binged them. I also still own the individual books and have been thinking of getting the bind ups to save space… but I am kind of attached to my current copies.
- L.J. Smith – another author that I read a whole bunch of at or around the same time These books were read at the same time as the sweep series. I was very much into the paranormal genre in the early 2000s, and I’m still not mad about it. Smith’s works were a continuation of the vampire kick that I had been on (and might potentially revisit soon). The writing style was also super easy to get into and very addictive.
- Richelle Mead: Again, vampires brought me to this author. Again, easily readable made me stay. I’ve read the entire Vampire Academy series, and part of the spinoff Bloodlines series. I also remember reading her standalone Soundless, but I don’t quite remember details from that one. I also have a copy of Gameboard of the Gods around here somewhere….
- Sarah J. Maas: I have read the Court of Thorns and Roses series in its entirety, finished Crescent City and am currently in the middle of the Throne of Glass series. I hope to finish ToG by the end of 2020.
- Leigh Bardugo: I love her aesthetic and her writing style. Auto-buy author. 10/10 would recommend. As of right now, I believe I have finished all of her current works.
- Rachel Hawkins: I found Rachel Hawkins through her Hex Hall series, and am interested in The Ex Hex which might be a companion series?? I have also finished the Rebel Belle series this year and even though unhauling that series, I did enjoy it.
Top 10 Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.images are from goodreads
3 thoughts on “Most Read Authors”
It is so much fun to look into our most read authors!
So, is this the time to tell you that I’ve never read a Cate Tiernan book?